Historic Copper Mining Town
The township of Blinman was established after copper was discovered in 1859. The Blinman mine was the largest in the Flinders Ranges and the population of the town once numbered more than 1500.
Blinman is an ideal base for exploring the rugged northern Flinders Ranges. The Mine is now a historic reserve with walking trails and interpretive signage.
The historic cemetery is also worth a visit. William Keckwick, second in command of Stuart’s expedition is buried there.